Sunday, July 14, 2024

Self and the Microbiome

  My experience is that I observe my thoughts.

What is this I ? According to Advaita/Non-dual psychology the I, is  the constant “Self”, from infancy to adulthood, throughout life. Our thoughts keep changing through lived experience, but the I,the Self, witnessing the thoughts is a constant through lived experience.

If , the cells of a human body are  constantly being replenished throughout life, then how is I, the Self a constant ?

The conclusion  of seers through meditation ( cessation of thought vibrations/concentration and focusing of outgoing thoughts inwards away from sensory input)is that: This I/Self is Awareness  or Pure Consciousness, that  permeates the entire universe, hence each living being. This awareness is realized, in human beings ,when thought vibrations cease. 

There has to be ' something ' non-changing/non-malleable in the human brain for the constant witnessing self/I to function and express itself.

I hypothesize that this universal  awareness (Brahman- in Advaita terminology) or proto-consciousness , as I would like to call it, is a universal energy field in 1-dimension(D), which I would like to denote as depth/microcosm. When vibrations or perturbations occur in this field 2D waves arise, which I define as  Atman/individual Self/witnessing I of each living being. Interactions of 2D vibrations , gives rise to more complex vibratiory patterns in 3D space , which I would call the underlying mind and subsequent more complex patterns of vibratory energy i.e. matter in 4D spacetime. The mechanism of increased complexity is  through subsequent condensation of vibratory  energy into matter via phase transitions. The brain is a physical object in 4D space time. The mind that biologists talk of today, I refer to as the emergent mind from the brain  activity in 4D spacetime, which I call as the surface or macrocosm.

Previously,I proposed based on the above, that when Artificial Intelligence (AI), becomes “sufficiently complex” it will manifest the properties of the living human body , since Brahman/Universal Awareness/Consciousness is all pervasive. However , I am re-thinking taking the human microbiome (the trillions of microbes that colonize the human body) into context. I am not sure anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scalar and Vector

  Scalar-Having only magnitude not direction Vector-Quantity having direction Scalar - (minus) entropy/degree of disorder= Vector, OR, Scala...