Sunday, July 14, 2024

Life

  What is Life ? contrasted with what is Living ? 

Life from the perspective of atoms is the progressive re-arrangement of atoms into "higher-order" structures with an increase in entropy that transforms energy into useful work, which results in metabolism, growth, and reproduction. Cells are an example of living objects.

Living is a "lived experience." 

Does 'ALL LIFE' possess lived experience, in other words, do all living objects "EXPERIENCE?"

Do individual cells experience? does a crystal experience? does DNA experience? 

However, as a human organism, I experience, and I know a cat is living when I see it, but do I know whether a cat experiences? I assume a cat enjoys the experience of drinking milk when I see it, but do I as a human being know that for sure? 

What is the difference between "I know it when I see it" to truly understanding the process? The first is a subjective experience that is intuited, the latter is an objective rational understanding of the process when I divide the entire experience into "I the observer", observing the cat drinking milk. 

Am I truly able to understand in third-person perspective or phenomenology, or is phenomenology a descriptor and first-person understanding or noumenology is true understanding via subjective intuition? 

The basis of "phenomenology" is the mind/active (dynamic) energy field/biological awareness/consciousness that analyses and breaks down a process into parts to understand it. It does not include the observer.

 The basis of "noumenology", is "Pure Awareness/Consciousness that is the inert/still energy field underlying all physical and mental universes, called "Brahman" in Advaita (Non-Dual) Vedanta. Shakti i.e. dynamic energy is akin to the power of fire (Brahman) to burn. The inert/still energy field illuminates existence itself via the power of awareness.  


ref: can life really be explained by physics? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-vm3ZWnMWk&t=24s     


No comments:

Post a Comment

Scalar and Vector

  Scalar-Having only magnitude not direction Vector-Quantity having direction Scalar - (minus) entropy/degree of disorder= Vector, OR, Scala...